Saturday, September 10, 2016

Catching Some Sun

I have visited the duck pond at James Gardens many times but never before have I seen a turtle there. On a slightly coolish morning this large guy was catching some nice sun on his back until someone's dog came running by and the turtle slipped quickly into the water and disappeared. It is always encouraging to see animals in the wild in the middle of the city!
Taking part in Saturday's Critters. Click HERE to see more creatures from around the world.

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i like turtles. good thing, as i have a bazillion in the pond here. :)

Tom said...

I have yet to see a turtle around here this summer.

Taken For Granted said...

Fine wildlife photo. Too bad about the dog chasing the turtle away. This turtle looks like it is thriving.

Cloudia said...

Aw that's a sweet shot!

Christine said...

You were there at the right moment!

Bill said...

Nice photo! He's big, glad you saw him before he slipped away.

William Kendall said...

They can move fast when they want to.

21 Wits said...

Sure does seem to be enjoying his day! Great shot.

Sharon said...

I feel the same way when I come across turtles and all kinds of birds. It's nice to know they've found a way to live in a big city.

Gosia said...

it is so big

eileeninmd said...

Hello, great shot of the turtle. It is on the move! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Revrunner said...

Always surprises me how quickly they can disappear.

Irina Kovalenko said...

I get envious looking at this creature basking in the sun! She (or is that he?) must be feeling good. Nice shot!
Came to you from Laura M. I have never been to Canada, I’d like to know more of it from your blog.
Have a nice week!
With best wishes from Russia,
Irina

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Funny creatures turtles ☺ shame his sunbathing was disturbed, I hate when that happens 😊 Kidding, I'm much too sensible to sunbathe!