Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Bike Stands at the ROM 9


I think I have captured them all now - this is the last of the bike stands beside the ROM and I am pretty sure that this references the dinosaur collection of the museum (which is quite wonderful). I have never seen a bike on this one possibly because there is always a food truck parked right beside it and the serving window is right behind the stand. I have heard that the same artists who did these ROM racks have done another series in the city so will have to check that out!

15 comments:

Birdman said...

These are all quite a display, even w/o the bikes.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

My what big teeth that bike stand has Red, hope they don't eat tires haha!

Unknown said...

What a very cool idea!

Sharon said...

This does have a dinosaur look to it. These are all such great bike stands.

Paul in Powell River said...

It's a great idea, and they make for a neat photo series.

Lowell said...

Well, I rather like the design...looks like a fox chasing a chicken...

But, I cannot figure out how a bike fits into the thing. But that's my problem and I'll get it eventually. :-)

Deb said...

Great idea, I always enjoy seeing street furniture that is good looking as well as functional.

Regina K said...

I am so impressed with these bike stands.

Anonymous said...

I love this one!

EG CameraGirl said...

If you find more I'd very much like to see them. I think these are such fun!

ArtandArchitecture-SF.com said...

These really are fun, so much better than standard street furniture.

Jack said...

Good for you, RedPat. Don't you feel like you accomplished something?

Randy said...

That's a spooky one.

Anonymous said...

This looks vicious!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Quite amazing arty bike stands!