Monday, December 27, 2010

Hart House


Thought that I should show a pic of the Hart House building itself since I have shown so much of the art work in and around it. Established in 1919, the Greek-Revival style building was designed by architect Henry Sproatt to function as a student activity centre. It has extensive facilities - gym. swimming pool, archery , theatre, art gallery, lounges, music rooms, restaurants. and more. Unfortunately until 1972 it was only open to men - the feminist movement at the University put an end to that!

6 comments:

LĂșcia said...

This building is amazing!!!
I'm glad to see its picture and read about its history.

Anonymous said...

Nice one!
Happy to hear we can all go in now! :))

Randy said...

Beautiful detail in that building.

Sharon said...

Wow, there is quite a lot going on inside those walls.

EG CameraGirl said...

Love that blue sky! I was away over the holidays and where I was the skies were GREY!

Leif Hagen said...

What a grand building! I thought it was a church at first!